As part of your screening of potential clients and new matters, you must undertake a conflicts analysis before you make any final decisions about retention. One of the major causes of legal malpractice claims is conflict of interest. This happens when conflicts checks are not undertaken; or when they are not fully analyzed.
Our guide provides you with the information you need to know about conflicts of interest. Through reading our guide, you will learn:
- how to identify the different types of conflicts of interest
- the imputation of conflicts and ethical walls
- obtaining conflicts waivers and informed consent
- conflict check procedures and choosing a checking system that works for you,
- other tips you should know and conflict traps you should look out for, and
- now including a NEW conflicts of interest waiver and non-engagement letter template!
Fill out the form to the right to get your copy now.